Directive 19, private, Song of Susannah, Stephen King, The Dark Tower, The Drawing of the Three, The Gunslinger, The Waste Lands, The Wind Through the Keyhole, turtle, Wizard and Glass, Wolves of the Calla
Roland‘s story in search of the Black Tower is a bit of the story of all of us, who in life always look for a goal.
The end of the saga sees Roland retracing his existence on the Tower’s planes, through the memories: arriving at the last room on top of the Tower, the cycle resumes and Roland returns to live his adventure at a precise time of his life.
Do we always repeat the same life? Well at least this would explain the dejà-vu phenomenon.
For me, I can only smile at the coincidence of my life with this fascinating saga:
1. The first book I read of Stephen King is called “Jerusalem’s Lot,” that book in the saga of The Dark Tower, is used as the key to the portal of other worlds: at the time I was sixteen: since then I fell in love with literature.
2. At the age of 19 I left my mother’s home to move to my father’s house.
3. I am currently living near Milan City and my neighbor’s name is Rolando (Italian translation of the name Roland) and, please do not laugh, but in the condominium where we both live, Rolando is the owner of cellar n. 19.
4. In the square behind my home there is a fountain with three statues at the center: a large turtle and two smaller turtles.
5. Every time I returned to Milan in the car years ago, when I still had a car, at the barrier of the motorway toll, I always took the door that had the sign without number, a white sign, free of written number, perhaps erased from time and guessed… that toll gate was between the door of the toll booth number 18 and the door of the toll booth number 20, so I always got the door number 19.
6. My dad had the separation from both of his two wives exactly after 19 years of marriage.
You say, “Well you read the saga and you were influenced by the story, behind number 19.”
Instead I am sorry to disappoint you, but all these things in my life have happened in the last 20 years and the saga of the La Torre Nera series, with its eight books, I’ve only read it in the last five months of 2017 and I live alongside the fountain with turtles already for… 11 years.
DIRECTIVE 19: THE WORLD IS GOING NEXT.